healthy gluten-free snacks

I'm always looking for quick, easy and portable gluten-free snack ideas that will satisfy the whole family, even my son with multiple food allergies.  Here's a list of my current favorites and thoughts on why I love them so....

  • Trader Joe's Vegetable Chips: First of all these are delicious with guac, hummus, honey mustard etc., but they're also less expensive than the ones at WF.
  • Trader Joe's Turkey Summer Sausage: Nitrate-free and super tasty, but not too salty.  This is a great lunch box addition and equally handy when guests stop by.
  • Epic Bison, Bacon and Cranberry Bar: Sweet and salty, I keep one of these in my purse for those times when we're out and there's nothing else to give my 16 month old with food allergies besides a banana...poor guy eats lots of bananas.
  • Trader Joe's Roasted Plantain Chips:  Our current favorite after-school snack these days is plantain chips with smashed and salted avocado.
  • Trader Joe's Organic Apple and Carrot squeeze: I'm not a huge fan of this type of kid juice/squeeze in general, but again, with a child with multiple food allergies, these really come in handy.  Trader Joe's recently started selling these organic ones and I like that the apple is mixed with carrot and pumpkin.  
  • Nick's Sticks: Grass-fed, free-range and protein rich, these come in handy all the time!  I order these in bulk on-line directly from the farm and they're much more affordable that way.
  • Trader Joe's Inner Peas: Surprisingly high in protein and sufficiently crunchy, this baked pea snack is the perfect alternative to crackers
  • Dried Mango:  What can I say, we're addicted!
Any other favorite kid-friendly, mom-approved gluten-free and still healthy snack ideas?  Do share!!



1 comment:

  1. How lovely post on healthy gluten-free snacks! Thanks a ton for sharing this post. Well, I am also trying to lose weight and eating only calorie burning foods. I prefer taking herbal Green drink in morning. It is a refreshing drink that has loads of health benefits.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...